Thursday 7 November 2019

Life Drawing in 4th Year

In this post you can see some of my life drawing's and assignments from semester one of fourth year. I used a variety of mediums in my work. Our class had a great life model so I really enjoyed it. I also share some of my sketchbook drawings as well as character designs referenced from celebrities.




Life Drawing Class

Gesture Drawing











The above are all short timed gesture studies




I tried to push the feeling of weight in this piece and I think it turned out well.

The above are quick gestures which then had longer to work into.



Figure Drawing






I surprised myself with these semi blind drawings. I really like the shape I got of the body.

The above are blind and semi-blind drawings




The above are drawings done using sticks dipped into ink. 

This drawing was done using polychromo pencils, concentrating on where the light hits the body.


I did not leave enough room for the head in this piece which is one of my biggest problems.


 The above were done using a wrap around technique with conte.








Done using polychromo pencils.

Our action poses for the models of Jeff taking Debbie's bag.





Watercolour Painting


15/20 minute study




Acrylic Painting


20 minute study

30 minute study

45 minute study




Celebrity Sketchbook Character Assignments

Oprah Winfrey - Bakery owner




 Dani Devito - Weird scientist/pharmacist 










Richard E Grant - Circus worker










Robert De Niro - Farmer









Bob Marley - Irish busker






Life Drawing Sketchbook















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig